Merry Painting Day!

Today I woke up and my first thought was "This would be a good day to paint the laundry room!"  I've been wanting to do it for a long time, but haven't been able to justify it.  After receiving a gift card for Jeremy and I to Home Depot from his parents, it was something that I could do!

I cleaned out the entire room before breakfast.  Jeremy took off the shelves and the door.  I headed to Home Depot and picked out a paint that would work great.  It is grey with hints of brown and green in it depending on the light.  It actually blended in with our taupe wall color that is already there which was fine.  It was just awesome to have the room cleaned up and to get rid of all the marks that were throughout the room.

And it gave me a reason to truly clean out the clutter and dust in there.  It was quite a sight!

I painted the room and then painted the white shelves over the washer and dryer.  They were turning a yellowish white color and needed some freshening up.  Now that they are white again, it pops really nicely against the grey.

Here are the before pics:

Looks ok.  Lots of spots that you can't see.


Clutter up top.  

Somewhat organized.  Needs help.

Appears we have tons of shoes.  Wow.


And here are some after pics:

Doesn't look much different in this pic, but it looks so fresh and clean in person!

Got it all organized and decluttered!

Baskets hold items broken into groups:
1 - cleaning around house
2 - laundry sprays
3 - glues and bug sprays

My mother-in-law gave me this recipe for homemade soap.
I bought a canister for my detergent to sit in from Target.
Makes it so easy and looks nicer than the box.

Pottery Barn baskets holding dusting cloths in one
and trash bags in the other.
Paper towels on top left.
Toilet paper in bin on the top right.

Comments

Popular Posts