Who Stole the Cookie from the Cookie Jar

Yesterday Julia kept asking repeatedly for girl scout cookies.  She didn't know they were girl scout cookies - they were cookies and she loved them and that's all that mattered.  I told her she could have two.  She threw a fit and I let her work through it.

Dinner was coming soon and I

She eventually ate the two cookies and I had placed the others in a baggie in a bowl toward the back of the counter.  I went into the office to work on the computer and send out some emails for work.

I came back later - thinking five minutes at the most which is plenty of time for her to think of things to do - and Julia was nowhere to be found.  I then heard scratching sounds on the pantry door.  Noticed it was closed and opened it to find Julia standing inside while holding a bowl with cookie crumbs inside it and a half-eaten cookie in her hand.

She simply laughed and there wasn't anything else to say.  Or do.  Except laugh with her.

Guilty as charged :)

Comments

Popular Posts