The Energy Bus

Author:  Jon Gordon
Pages:  165

Will try to be diplomatic about this book.  Having just finished "How Children Succeed" recently, I went ahead and read this very quick read (finished it in a few hours).  We were assigned this book to read for the summer as we will be doing some activities with it at our fall orientation.  The idea behind the book is that there are ten rules that can fuel your life, work and team with positive energy.

While there were some good quotes and few interesting knowledgeable tidbits, I did not enjoy this book at all.  It was very corny and it just didn't impact me strongly.  I realize the entire book was about positive energy - what you emit gets out to others and you should be positive.  I just couldn't get into a book about a created fictional character whose car breaks down and he ends up riding the bus every morning with this bus driver named Judy as she and her cast of characters on the bus give wisdom to this business man each day as he transforms into this positive, popular leader who influences his work, his marriage and his life.  So much so that he ends up choosing to ride the bus every day instead of driving himself to work after his car is fixed.  Um ok...  I didn't care about the character and was thankful it was a fast read.

One cool fact I found was on page 100 - "The heart acts as an emotional conductor and radiates how you are feeling to every cell in the body via the heart's electromagnetic field; this energy field can be detected up to 5-10 feet away.  The heart's electromagnetic field is 5,000 times more powerful than the brain."

I understood the point of the book, but just didn't enjoy it.  According to the book, I guess I'm an "Energy Vampire" who will suck the life and positivity out of anyone who truly wants to 'ride the bus.'  I'm a positive person much of the time, but this book just didn't do it for me.

Comments

Popular Posts