Julia's First Day of Preschool

Julia was less than excited about starting school today.  She kept saying "I no like school.  I no want to go to school!"  She cried a little, but mostly was very verbal about really not wanting to go.  I hugged her and told her that I understood.  Then consoled her and let her know that the girl who frustrated and tortured her all last year with biting, hitting and pinching was not in her class this year.  She was very happy about that! Though she did end up playing with her when they merged classes in the afternoon, but Julia was very excited that they both got along so well.  We prayed tonight that it would continue!

It was hard to drop her off.  Her teacher from last year has moved on to another daycare and so she does not have an official teacher yet.  She has a sub for now.  Praying that her new teacher is as wonderful as her former one!




When I dropped her off, she cried a little bit and the teacher had to take her hand and then she was ok.

Around 4pm I picked her up after Riley's dentist appointment.  Julia was coloring with friends.  There was tons of chaos in the room, but Julia was doing things quietly and happily.  When I walked in, she said "Hi Mom!  Can I finish this picture for you?"  I let her finish and she was so proud to give me a fully colored piece of paper.  I absolutely loved it and it melted my heart for sure.

She was very happy and when I told her that she has school tomorrow, she yelled out "Yeah!!!!  I play with my friends!!"

She asked if we could pray for her friend "Deegis" (Rodriguez) because she was sick and throwing up.  Tonight again she remembered so we prayed for her.  Love her heart for her friends!  She'll be as caring as Riley I think.




Tomorrow we wake up even earlier as I have to be at LHS.  Long day tomorrow... praying that Julia's day is a really good one!


Comments

Popular Posts