Bathing Suit Shopping

End of Summer Season means great deals on bathing suits!  We found several for Jeremy and my dad at Dillards for only $7-10 each!  A steal compared to the original prices that were around $50 - 70.  I walked the girls around while he tried them on and then while he checked out, we went downstairs to the women's department to look at suits.

Julia pointed to one of the bikinis and loudly announced "Look!  This one has boobies!"  Jeremy was around the corner and immediately knew where we were.

I had three bikinis picked out to try on and we ALL headed into the changing room.  Why we didn't think to have Jeremy push them around - I'm not sure.  It was later at night (7:30) and getting close to their bedtimes.  And we just didn't think it through.  So we went into one of the large changing rooms.

The girls were incredibly loud and excited.  I started to change and Julia announced to all "I see your boobs, Mom!"  Great.  Then I put on the top and Riley announced that she loved it.
I then put on the bottoms and Riley thought I should definitely buy it.  I wasn't as big a fan so I changed into the next one.

The next suit was bright blue with a bright pink bow.  It had some ruching on the sides and was a tankini.  Not great on the hanger, but sometimes bathing suits look awful on hangers and great on so I thought I'd try it.  I put on the top and it was huge.  So I tightened the strap in the back.  Then put on the bottoms that had a skirt attached to the bikini bottom.  Ummm... wow.  Not a fan.

Jeremy whispered "It looks trashy" in hopes that he and I were the only ones to hear what he said.  And seriously, he said it so softly.  Riley was quite offended by the comment and remarked as though she was having to yell above a loud rock band "DAD!  IT DOES NOT LOOK TRASHY!"

Next thing we know we are listening to the lady in the next stall bursting with laughter and giggling so hard.  Could tell she was trying to hold back, but couldn't stop laughing.

We were both like "Shh... girls.  Too loud!"

I tried on the next bikini and Riley said I shouldn't get them because she could see my butt crack.  Wow.  Feeling the love tonight.

As we got ready to leave the dressing room, Julia pointed out her 'sticker' on her shirt.  At one point, I had seen the hygiene protector stuck to my shoe, folded it in half and stuck it back on the floor for lack of what to do with it.  She had apparently unfolded it and stuck it to the front of her shirt and was very proud of the large sticker.  Of course I took it off and told her to please not pick things off the floor and put them on her shirt.

We exited the room and were met by a family.  They were waiting for us outside the dressing rooms and the Grandma came forward and said (while still laughing) "I just had to see which one it was that called you trashy!"

The dad recognized us because while in the mall, Riley had wanted to push Julia and was having trouble steering the stroller.  To her defense, it is the one that fell in the lake and isn't in great shape and is truly hard to steer.  But she managed to almost run them over (as the dad was quick to say).  The grandma was kind and thought we were hilarious.  I was mortified and laughing nervously at the same time.

As we walked away, I turned to Jeremy and said "Oh my word.  I feel like such a terrible parent."  To which Riley replied (loudly again) "MOM!  You are NOT a terrible parent!"  The lady at the shoe department smiled huge and I just smiled back.

Ahhhh this will be a sweet memory one day!

Comments

Popular Posts