Another Groundhog Day

So apparently yesterday was Thursday.  I thought it was Tuesday.  But does anybody really know what day it is anymore?

This morning was the first time either of the girls have complained.  It was bound to happen.  Julia came out of her room and announced that she hates online school and didn't want to do it this morning.  So I told her not to do it right now.  It was after 8am and so she had breakfast and still didn't want to do it.  Instead I told her to play a game or do something else.  No need to rush the school work first thing in the morning.  I asked if she wanted to play Juliaball and her eyes immediately lit up.  We went upstairs, cranked some fun music, and played for a while.  When we got downstairs she wasn't excited to work, but she was ready.  We went and read her National Geographic articles together.  She took the quiz and then began to go down her list of school work without me.  All was good!

This afternoon I made Cinnamon Squares from The Magnolia Cookbook.  Didn't use the pecans in them - #allergies - so they're very rich and buttery, but they turned out really well.  I wasn't sure how making dough would go, but it went very well.  Julia helped me roll and fold the dough.  Then we both spread the cinnamon mixture on it and baked it in the oven.  I've really enjoyed making new recipes and was wanting something with bread that was sweet.  This definitely hit the spot!

Riley spent most of her day in her room, which is normal for her.  She had a great day today - got to talk and FaceTime with several friends, had a few Zoom meetings, and ranked as gold in multiple levels of a new game.  She's feeling great (as she should be!).

Jeremy brought home pizza tonight which was such a treat.  We'll be watching another episode of Next in Fashion and likely just enjoying some time together.  I've really loved the dinners together each night.  Even though we always eat as a family for dinner these dinners feel much more relaxed and joyful lately.  We've laughed about lots of things and it's just been a great way to unwind after the day.  I love our little family.

Comments

Popular Posts