Dumb

"Some people are dumber than Mom.  But don't worry - I won't tell them that."

This spoken by Riley at dinner last night.  With no prompting.  Jeremy then said "Mom isn't dumb!"  So Riley clarified:

"I mean some people do things that are dumb.  Dumber than Mom.  'Cause Mom sometimes does things that are dumb.  But other people do things that are dumber."

Side Note:
This conversation (I'm sure!) has to do with the fact that I took the mirror off our bathroom wall which resulted in an ER visit and stitches.  People have asked how I hurt my hand and often times I reply "Well, it was really dumb" before explaining what it was that I made the choice to try to do.  Amazing how our words affect how our children perceive us.  From now on, I'm going to say to others "Well, it was really brilliant" instead... think of how brilliant everything I do will seem and wonder if Riley will see me as brilliant ;)

In all reality, I will be simply stating the facts about the day and not referring to it as anything in particular - dumb or brilliant or wise or unwise.


Comments

Popular Posts