Trouble for the first time

Riley, Julia and I had pizza for dinner tonight.  Jeremy was at class.

Riley tells me somewhat shyly "I didn't get to do play time the whole time today at school.  I got in trouble today."

Me: Oh.  Well what happened?

Riley:  Mom, it's a long story.

Me:  We have time.  You can just tell me the short version if you want to.

Riley: No that's ok.

Me:  Well did it happen during class?

Riley:  During science.

Me:  With Mrs. Klimek or Ms. E?

Riley:  With Ms. E.

Me:  What were you doing?

Riley:  Well, Deven got in big trouble and missed play time the whole time.  I only missed some of it.

Me:  I'm not so worried about Deven.  Just interested in the choices you made.

Riley:  I burped in science class.

Me:  Like one time?

Riley:  Yes.

Me:  Like over and over?

Riley:  Yeah.  But Ms. E didn't understand me.  I needed to burp.

Me:  Did you burp repeatedly without stopping?

Riley:  Yes.

Me:  Ms. E understood you.  You didn't have to do that and they weren't real burps.  Real burps don't keep going and going and going repeatedly.

Riley:  Cheyanne had to sit out during playtime for burping too.  And Deven.

Me:  Ok.

Riley:  I'm sorry Mom.


Comments

Popular Posts