Spring Break Day One

Yesterday was a blast!!  Julia woke up at 8am (yes!!!)  and Riley slept until 9:15am (wow!!!).  They were both in fabulous moods and were so incredibly sweet and kind all day.  No time outs, no spankings, no arguments at all - none.  Made for a fantastic day!!

We went to Willow Bend Mall and found some great sales.  $6 bathing suits for the girls at Gymboree!!  And some really cute fall clothes that they can wear next fall/winter.  A $40 knit dress for Riley for only $7.  Love the deals this time of year!!



I took the girls to Sonic in the mall and we had lunch there.  They loved it!  And were so great about throwing their trash away without being asked and cleaning up without being asked.  Love them!

After the mall, we stopped by my parents' house to get the paint supplies.  I've been wanting to paint our laundry room, but Jeremy said it will be too much work (aka I will need his help getting down shelves and he is the least bit interested in helping take them down).  But he said I could paint the garage if I wanted to.  Ummm... okay!

So we got the paint supplies and headed to Home Depot.  I told the girls that they could help paint if they wanted to.  After all, the garage door would be open and there would be less fumes that way.  And you really can't go too wrong on garage walls.  Perfect place for them to learn!  We got our paint, headed home and got all prepped.

They were sooo excited!  Before even picking up a paint brush, Julia decided it was too cold outside (it was 50 degrees) and went in to watch Barney.  Riley decided that she was Picasso and picked up the paint brush right away.  She had so much fun with it!  Though she really loved using the roller better.  She was very helpful, listened and enjoyed painting a lot.

Ready to paint!

Stinking cute!!








An hour in to painting the walls, Julia had fallen asleep to Barney on the couch and Riley tells me "Ugh  - Mom.  My arm hurts sooo bad.  I don't think I can do this anymore."  Couldn't believe she made it a full hour into painting non-stop.  She's a trooper!!  She went inside and chilled.  Well, as much as you can with being told "Don't sit on the couch as you have paint on yourself and don't touch anything."  :)

She thought it was really funny that she had paint on her cheek and hands.  I finished up the first gallon of paint.  Got much further than expecting to.  Took almost two hours to do it, got inside, showered and got Riley showered and Julia woke up.  Perfect timing!!

I didn't tell Jeremy I had painted it.  Thought he'd be surprised!  He came in smiling and said "I'm surprised it's painted, but I'm not surprised that you painted!"  He said it looked great and he loved it.  So now onto getting our shelving unit and being the main clean-out at the back of the garage so we can finish it up.  Though I'm not doing that today!  But soon....









Comments

Popular Posts