Riley's First PlayDate Alone

Today was a big day for Riley!  She didn't wake up until 9am and her playdate started at 10am.  She was sooo excited!!  It is the first playdate she has ever gone to where I didn't stay and hang out too.  She has done other playdates with Madi or Julia by herself, but never by herself without one of them.  She was so confident and sweet!

I always say the same thing to her every time she goes somewhere.  So instead today I asked her "What am I going to say to you?"  Riley says "Use your manners.  Say please and thank you."  And then I smiled and said "And have fun!!"

Riley was dropped off at her friend Ryan's house.  Ryan is in her class and is a sweet little girl!  The plan was that I'd come pick her up after lunch when Amanda called.

After dropping off Riley, I took Julia to the dr.  She has been wheezing all morning, hasn't slept well the last two nights, lots of drainage, a bad cough and a fever.  We saw the Dr. and her fever was 100.1 this morning.  She was still coughing like crazy and the Dr. said that she is wheezing, but that her lungs are clear (phew!).  That the wheezing was caused from the drainage and the amount of gunk stuck in the upper chest.  Hadn't traveled to the lungs yet which is good.  She was diagnosed with a terrible sinus infection and given antibiotics.  The Dr. was like "Oh poor baby!  That's a lot of drainage for her."  Kept saying how terrible it was.

Picked up her medicine and came home.  She was really restless and coughing and really didn't like the medicine ("It's spicy!!"), but took it down like a champ.  I promised her a piece of candy (don't judge - this kind of bribery works on her) and so she ate all the medicine, but must not be feeling well because she didn't want the candy after all.

She sat on the couch next to me and snuggled in close.  We watched Dora and halfway through the 20 minute episode, I could hear she was sleeping.  As the show ended, I turned on our favorite Pandora music "Calm Meditation Music" channel.  It's so peaceful.  She turned over on the couch and was out.  I lay down on the other couch and fell asleep too.

2:30pm comes quick.  A full three and a half hours later.  Julia had moved to the floor next to the couch.  It is now 3:04pm and she is still sleeping right there.  I hear the phone beep and run over to it to find that Amanda has called twice and left a message once and texted twice.  Ugh... first time she's over there and I'm mortified that I have slept through the calls.  The music was loud, but not super loud.  Not sure why I didn't hear the phone as it was up very loudly.

Amanda was so sweet when I called.  She said that Riley and Ryan were so incredibly well-behaved and sweet.  That they've just played so well together.  They wanted to go to the school playground to play and I told her that was perfectly fine.  And so I'll pick her up when they get back from playing.  She was understanding and accepted my apology for not hearing the phone, but I still feel so ridiculous.  Just thankful that Riley is such an amazing little girl and that they've had such a fun time together!  And hopefully she'll let Riley and Ryan play together again despite the fact that Riley's Mom doesn't answer phone calls.


Comments

Popular Posts