Smart Girl

Tonight Julia chose a big pile of books for us to read.  I was moving pillows and blankets around as she sat on the trundle bed and opened up the book "Pinkalicious and the Pink Drink."  I listened as she started to say "It was a hot day... so I sat under the shade..."

She continued on and 'read' the book.  Then we got out the Mercer Mayer book "I was so mad" and she was so excited to 'read' it.  She read it word for word from start to finish.  Only needed help on two pages as she couldn't remember what was happening.

I love that she has become such a lover of reading and books.  I remember when she wouldn't even sit still long enough for us to read more than one short sentence.

We read eight books or so tonight before laying down.

She loves to stand on the Ikea shelf (only one cube high) and say "I'm going to turn off the light!!"

I lay on her bed and pretend to fall asleep very dramatically and shut my eyes.  I say "You'd never shut the light off on me, would you?"  She giggles constantly and then turns to turn the light off and faces me once it is off.  I pretend to be surprised and pop out of bed and come over to her, pick her up and spin her carefully in a circle before hugging her tight and laying down next to her in bed.

Comments

Popular Posts