Spring Conferences

I met with Mrs. Echevarria on Monday this week for Riley's final Kindergarten Parent-Teacher Conference.  Hard to believe we only have 11 weeks until she is finished with her first year of Elementary School!!  It's gone SO fast!

Mrs. E asked me "So do you have any concerns about Riley?" and then she laughed.  Because she knows as well as I do that Riley is exceptional and doing an outstanding job in Kindergarten.

She showed me some of her assessments.  Riley aced them all.  She showed me the class average on one of the large assessments and the entire class scored very high.  Mrs. E said "I have a very bright class this year!"  Which I completely agree with being that I see them every other day in music.

She told me that Riley's reading and writing are far beyond what is expected at the end of the Kindergarten year.  That Riley is such a joy to have in class and she has absolutely loved having her in her room this year.  I told her that Riley feels the same!  She said that she gets along with everyone and everyone gets along with her.  That Riley is responsible, kind, hard working and does what is asked of her.

In her reading, she said that Riley uses all of her strategies (looking at pictures, inferring, referencing words she just read, using phonetics to sound out words and letter patterns).  She said that is what makes her so successful.

I asked about summer reading and she said that I should get Grade 1 or 2 workbooks for Riley to do in the summer if she likes them.  To have her do a library program over the summer with reading.  And to continue to encourage her to read and be read to!

This has been such a fabulous year watching Riley develop into a big kid.  So very proud of our big girl!!!

Comments

Popular Posts