Spring Break Finale

What an awesome week!!  There is truly nothing better than being home with our girls.  They got along so well together, laughed and made lots of memories.  The past few days were a little more easy going due to Julia fighting off a fever and sinus infection.  She had it quite bad Wednesday.  Thursday was okay.  Today was much better.

The girls were able to put their art skills to work and both of them created an acrylic paint drawing on canvas yesterday morning.  They really wanted to play outside as it was gorgeous, but Julia was still having sinus issues.  We did go outside and blow bubbles for a bit which was fun.  And it was beautiful!  When I saw that Julia's nose, sneezes and coughs were okay, we walked to the park and played for a little while.  Then took showers as soon as we got home to get pollens off.

Today we went grocery shopping and went to Michaels to get supplies for Riley's "Person of the Week" poster.  Should be really cute!!  She gets to have special privileges all next week and gets to present information about our family and what she likes to do and her favorite foods and other favorites.  She's very excited!!

As we were leaving Walmart, it was noon so I asked the girls where they'd like to eat for lunch as it was our last Spring Break lunch together.  Riley immediately asked to go to McDonald's!  She loves it there.  Went with Grandma and Kami before, but has never gone with me.  In almost six years, I've never taken her there.  Until today :)

The girls loved it.  We got the food and took it home to eat.

She created a home for her little unicorn today out of PopTart boxes.  So cute.

And we got our outfits ready for next Friday which is Duct Tape Day.  I love Riley's outfit!!!  We covered an old skirt with penguin duct tape and then made a 'flower' pattern on the shirt.  For my outfit, I covered an old skirt and then did the same pattern on my shirt.  Unfortunately I can't sit very well in the skirt as I taped it too tight, but I can sit.  Just not comfortably.  However I'm not buying more duct tape to redo it!  Should be fun to wear on Friday!!

Comments

Popular Posts