Birthday Invitations

Still amazed that Julia will be three in two days!!  She has been cute all week (when is she NOT cute?!) and keeps asking "When my birthday going to be here?"  She gets excited as the days are getting fewer.

She has informed us who we need to invite to her party.  Most of the invitees were to be expected - Riley, Grandpa, Poppi, etc...  There is one invitee that we're having a hard time explaining:  Santa.

Last night as I put her to bed she said "I want Santa at my party!!!  He can come to my birthday!"  I told her that I wasn't sure if he would be able to make it or not.  She made a sad face and asked why.  I explained that Santa is in the North Pole and it is far away.  He is busy there starting on her Christmas presents and it would be hard for him to leave.

We had almost the exact same conversation tonight except Julia thought of something new! After giving her the last explanation, she perked up and said excitedly "Santa can work on my presents fast and then he can come to my birthday!!"

Jeremy and I talked briefly about how to go about inviting Santa.  So we're sending a letter to Buddy, our personal elf, and hoping that he'll write us a letter from Santa and bring a special present from Santa just for Julia.  Maybe he can even appear on her birthday Saturday morning and stay for the day??!!  I hope he's not busy - wink,wink!

Comments

Popular Posts