Madi's Camp Post!


Camp Kidjam
By Madi

Day one: Had no idea what we were going to do when we first arrived. Last year they had waterslides when we got there, but everything changed this year. We had to stand with our suitcases while being bit by ants. My counselor was really nice though, and reassured all of us that we only had to wait a few minutes. When we finally had all of our group members together, we had to lug our suitcases- suitcases!!!- up a few flights of stairs. Then we got to board an elevator and head up to our dorms where we had to change our clothes and rest for a few minutes. My counselor Mrs. Helen came in and we headed off to our first Jam Session, with worship, stories, Drama, and prayer. Each session lasts about an hour and forty-five minutes, and then we go back to the dorms for quiet time.  Mandy, my dorm mate decided to take a shower while I sat on the windowsill. Our room had a perfect view of the boys’ dorms, so I just sat waving at the kids on the balcony while they waved back. Again we left, but this time for dinner. The campus food was GROSS, let me tell you that. I ended up eating grapes, soda, a hotdog, and Oreos when we got back to my room. Jam session, then small group time where our group only talked about God and did fun activities. By the time we went to the third and last jam session of the night it was 8:45. Everyone loves the dramas, called Funnier Than Thou and CKJ Live, because they are hilarious. Funnier than thou is about these three people, Phil Davison, Cubby Deloach, and Teresa stone, while CKJ Live was a news that had Nate and The tree as their stars. We were team Orange, our name was The Orange Bananas, and out team cheer on the first night was “O-O-O-O-ORANGE! O-O-O-O-ORANGE! O-O-O-O-ORANGE BANANAS!!!!” Then after a meeting at 9 and a party at 9:30, we finally went to bed, watching the boys wave their flashlights at us.

Day Two: Wake up at 630.  Which meant 30 minutes to get ready and then breakfast, which I knew with experience from last year was going to be Eggs, Bacon, Cereal, and Orange Juice. It was their most delicious meal. After eating we headed back to our dorms while group B ate their food. Then came the Jam session. First we sang songs like “Jesus you’re my superhero” and “Love.” My friend Aubrey fell asleep, and the rest of us danced and sang along. Then our host Adam came on to the stage and told us how he got a Ferrari and disobeyed the car dealer by putting a certain kind of Gasoline in it. He then showed us a picture of how it looked after it had exploded. Adam cried and told us that that was how Adam and Eve had felt after they disobeyed God and ate the fruit of Knowledge of Good and Evil. I thought it was a pretty good example. Adam went on, and as we listened the lights dimmed until it was black in the room. Adam finished his last sentence and walked off, and on the big screens the words “CKJ Live” came up. The some kids were screaming and screaming their heads off, while others were going “Woot, Woot! Woot Woot! Woot Woot!” You could barely see the stage being set up. Then the staff left the stage so that Nate and Jake, or the tree, could start. The lights came on and the hosts said, “Goooood morning folks, and welcome to C-K-J Liiive.” Nate had this huge grin on his face, the one that stayed on for the rest of the week on the news. It was AWESOME! They talked, and then called up the flyest kid of the day, which was the kid who nominated his/ herself to go up on stage. Today was a girl who could hula-hoop for a very long period of time. Seriously, Veery long periods of time. She was on the stage hula-hooping non-stop for the remaining hour of the Session! They awarded her team points, and then told her to stay up for the rest of the Show. Jake called the Awesomest leader of the day up, and poured chocolate on him, then sent him away. They set up News, and Nate reported the weather.

“If you want to know what the weather is today, go outside and look up.”

He grinned. Wow. While Jake commented that Nate was useless, we laughed our heads off. CKJ news ended after that, and it was track class time. My class was Drama, and I was with one of my group members Skylar. At first we all played a game where we made our names like “Joyful Jessica,” or “Too awesome Trinity.” My name was “Magnificent Madison.” And Skylar’s was  “Stunning Skylar.” Zip Zap Zop was fun too, where you had to point at a person and make sure you said the right word. But Question To Question was the best of all. I was the orange team volunteer, while I went against a red teamer. The object of the game is to respond to your opponent’s question with another question.
I started. “Where did you get that shirt?”
“Did you get your eye color from your mom?”
“Did you know your shoes were untied?”
“No I Didn- Aww!”
Another daring challenger came up. She started.
“Where did you get your skin color?”
“Why should I tell you?”
Silence. “Crud! I couldn’t think of a Question!”
Two more games and then it was the finals. I stared at the red teamer straight in the eye. She started.
“Did you get that shirt at Justice?”
“How should I know?”
“Do you like origami yoda?”
“Did you know that I haven’t read it?”
“What is your mom’s name?”
“How much longer is this going to last?”
“I don’t know!”
I had won. I cheered along with my team and our teachers dismissed us all. It was lunchtime. I chose a hotdog, a roll, two cookies, lemonade, and fruit. It was actually quite filling. Our dorms were cool when we got back, and we planned a party for the next day, which was to be in the upstairs lobby with my whole floor.

Comments

Popular Posts