Week One: New Bed Report

Julia is an incredible little girl!  She has taken to her new bed like a champ and is loving it.  She goes down really well and easily.  She keeps waking up in the night and one of us has spent the remainder of her nights in her room on the trundle bed.  Or Riley has woken us up.  Or we've had both of them waking us up.

Last night Jeremy was woken up by Julia.  She said "I want to eat dinner!"  He asked if she was hungry.  She says "I wahn an Eggo!"  He goes "Ok!"  She goes "Booberry."  So off he went to make her a blueberry eggo in the wee early hours and once eaten, she went right to sleep.

A few nights ago, Riley woke me up because she had to go to the bathroom.  So we went and being in a fog, I followed her to her room and fell asleep.  A few hours later, I hear the door open and Julia is coming in.  So I followed her to her room where I slept a few more hours.  Woke up to her staring over the bed at me - just waiting patiently for me to wake up.  Then she giggled.

Julia was extremely chatty tonight.  We read the story of Jesus' birth in the Bible.  She loves this story and wants to see Baby Jesus on every page!  If he's not there, she asks where he "go" and can point to Mary's tummy to tell that Baby Jesus is in her tummy on the pages where she is pregnant.

There is a picture of King Herod with sweat marks coming off his face and a scowl on his face.  She is always fascinated by this picture.  Tonight she says "He very mad?  He no like Jesus?  He no like Jesus?  He not very nice."  Then she pointed to the angel and said "He no like Jesus?"  And I explained that the angel loved Jesus and liked Jesus. King Herod didn't want Jesus to be the King of the Jews because he was King of the Jews and he didn't want another King.  So Jules says "Oh.  He not very nice?  He no like Jesus?  He very mean?"  She's very captivated by this picture and literally spent ten minutes solid just staring at him and trying to figure out why he was so mean.

While laying in her bed, she had her own conversation with herself repeatedly.  As my Dad puts it, she is like hanging around an Alzheimer's patient as she repeats herself so often.  Starts with her looking for the book "The Very Hungry Caterpillar."  She has to have it open to the page of the ahcoon (cocoon) so she can look at it when she sleeps.  Then evolved into remembering the train she saw at the Dentist Office. And goes like this:

"Where Caterpillar Go?  I dohn know!  Where Caterpillar Go?  Did he go to Grandpa's house??  Noooooo.... Is he sleeping?  Nooo.  Where Caterpillar Go?  Mommy?  Where Caterpillar Go?  I don't know!

Da Choo Choo Train go?  Where did the choo choo train go?  It at the office.  Yea.  It at office.  Dah dentist.  But where the caterpillar go?

Where my blanket go?...."

On and on it went.  No matter what answer I gave her, she continued to ask where it "go" every time.  She had me sing "Hush Little Baby" many times.  Always gets very upset at the line "... If that looking glass gets broke..."  and says "Oh no!!!  It broke??!!!  Why Broke?  I no want it broke.  It broke?"




Comments

Popular Posts