Julia's Big Girl Bed

A few months ago we purchased Julia's big girl bed.  It has been in boxes in the garage and we've been waiting on the right time to set it up as she has been very content to be in her crib still.  Weir's had a fabulous deal on a daybed/trundle and we knew we'd found what we had been looking for!

She has put her foot up on the front of the crib a few times, but never gone over it.  Today as I was getting her humidifier unplugged and had my back to the crib, she calls out while giggling "Look Mom!  I climb up!"  There she is - with her entire body laying across the top of the front of the crib, looking like a total monkey and finding it totally hilarious.  Thankfully she fell back into her crib.

The girls then came into the room to watch her climb over and Julia was very excited to show them repeatedly that she could get out.

I texted Jeremy to let him know that the time had come to get the big girl bed all set up.  He was laughing through his texts and came home to set it up after work.

During her naptime today, I was singing to Julia and praying.  She tells me "Leave!  Goodnight!"  and stood in her bed smiling and pointing to the door.  I said "Nappy Nap Jules!"  She replied "Goodnight!!!"

I listened closely at the door for a little while and then went downstairs.  But decided to go up to check on her.  I opened the door to find her in bed - standing - giggling - smiling - and doing anything but napping.  She repeated again "Go Mom!  Leave!  Goodnight!"

When I checked on her a few minutes later, she was asleep in her bed with her arm around her doggie.  Was so sweet.

Jeremy got home and the girls were ecstatic!  Jules kept yelling out "Yea!!!!!  My new bed!!!!"  Riley was just hyper and moving everywhere and Madi was talking nonstop like "what if...." or "You know.... you could fit six of them in here... and ...."  Jeremy was about at his wits end.

He got all the pieces upstairs and the girls were asked to sit on the couch to watch.  They mostly sat and the rest of the time kept wanting to touch it or look.  Julia kept saying "My new bed!!!!!!"

Finally got it together and noticed that the washers were not on.  So all the screws came out again and the washers were put on.  Helped put the back of it on.   Looks awesome!!!  Julia is going to love it and it's such a blessing for her to have a big girl bed.

As I was reading to Julia tonight, Riley gently knocked on the door and said "I just wanted to come in to say goodnight."  She kissed Julia on the forehead and said "Goodnight Jules." Kissed me on the cheek and said goodnight.  Then got very close to Julia and said "I am so happy that you are getting a big girl bed, Jules!  Are you happy with it?  Daddy and Madi picked it out for you and I'm so happy for you, Jules.  You're going to love your new bed, aren't you?"  I told her I loved her and she sweetly replied back that she loved me.  Love those sweet moments.  And love that she was so excited for Julia.




Comments

Popular Posts