What to say when people tell me I'm short...

 Last night Julia and I read a devotional together and then stayed in her room to chat.  Somehow we got on the topic of being short.

Julia:  Mom, you know what you should say if someone says "You're short?"  Tell them "Yeah, I'm short without the 's' and the 't.'

Me:  So... I'd be a 'hor?' (pronounced it like the not great word)

We both laughed.

Julia:  That's not what I meant to say.  I meant "Yeah, I'm short without the 's' and the 'e.'

Me:  There's no 'e' in short.

Julia:  I'm trying to say it so that when you take away the letters you get the word 'hot.'

Me: So you'd take away the letters 's' and 'r'.

Julia:  Oh yeah!

More laughter.  Then we talked about other things and got back on the subject of being short.

Julia:  Just say "Yeah, I'm short without the 's' and the 't.'"

Me:  So I'm still a 'hor?'

We laughed so hard that Julia cried.

Not sure she knows what a hor (other word that sounds like it) is, but she found it really funny that she kept telling me the wrong letters to take away.  

Comments

Popular Posts