All By Myself... Julia waits on the field alone

 We were laughing about this after dinner tonight and I told Julia I'd type it so we'd remember.

Last fall Julia had soccer practice and typically Jeremy and I talk about the next day's schedule ahead of time so we're on the same wave length.  I didn't check in with him about it and dropped her off at her usual soccer practice time.  Then I went home.

Jeremy came home and I didn't think anything of it.  He thought she was upstairs and I assumed that he'd picked her up and she had gone upstairs.  Then he got a phone call from an unknown number.

Jeremy:  Hello?

Julia:  Where are you?

Jeremy:  At home.  Where are you?

Julia:  At soccer.

Jeremy:  Oh crap.  I'll be right there.

Julia had to use her coach's phone to call us.  It had been 30 minutes after her practice had ended.  Thankfully there was another practice going on and Julia just joined in to play with them.  Yvie, one of her best friends, is on that team so it was fun for her.  Now it's a funny story that we 'forgot' her.  :)  

Comments

Popular Posts