Starting the Year with Covid

 Happy New Year!  

My parents spent Christmas with us and there were several of us coughing, congested, and just not feeling great.  All of us felt like it was a cold or bad sinus infection.  Jeremy got tested and came back negative.  My dad went to the doctor and was diagnosed with an upper respiratory infection.  I figured that I likely had a bad cold since they didn't have Covid.  Thankfully we stayed to ourselves at home and didn't go out.

On Monday I went into school for teacher inservice.  There was optional Covid tests available so I knew I should do it since I had symptoms.  Came back positive.  I came home afterwards and spent the day getting sub plans ready for the week.  I was given several tests to give to my family so that everyone could be tested.  

Usually after dinner we play a card game or board game.  Instead we played "Who has Covid?"  We took a guess as to how many people we thought might have it before testing.  I guessed one, Julia guessed two.  Can't remember what everyone else guessed.  Each person did the swab and we waited for the results.  One person was positive.  The next negative.  Julia's test was SO bright and obvious that she had Covid.  The two lines were so dark.  The next two were negative.  Three of us are sick with Covid and three don't have it.

Julia hasn't had symptoms (a random headache one day) so we have to go from her testing date which means she's home for ten days.  I'm home starting from the day of my symptoms, which means at least all this week.

My parents are staying an extra week so that my mom can drive Riley to school (thankfully she doesn't have to quarantine!) and just help if needed.  This has been so helpful!

I'm spending most of the day sleeping and resting in bed.  Checking up on school things in-between.  Several students are out and one of my teammates is also out with Covid.  Here's to the start of 2022!

Comments

Popular Posts