No More Zoom Meetings Please

This weekend was more like a week.  I had Zoom meetings on Saturday and again on Sunday.  Honestly I am kind of enjoying the quiet days and the less hectic pace.  We've gotten into a routine of walking the dog, going for lunchtime runs, and bike rides in the late afternoon.  The Zoom calls can get really frustrating because they're similar to staff meetings - many of them can be done by an email.  I love seeing the people I haven't seen in real life in a while, but when there's little to no purpose and nothing is accomplished it gets so frustrating.  I have three Zoom calls scheduled tomorrow with students.  I'm looking forward to seeing them, but also keeping it brief because let's face it - they're already tired of them too.

I decided today that I was going to outline my entire next COUGAR cycle of what needed to be done - Zoom calls, screencasts and pre-recorded lessons, necessary Flipgrids and websites, and formatting of lesson plans.  Might have overdone it today, but I have gotten almost everything done.  It just means that hopefully I can pre-plan lessons more ahead of time and that I'll be available to help the girls with whatever they have going on.  It's been a juggling act and every day has gotten better.  This will be our first week of non-stop lessons and additional Zoom meetings for me.  I'm grateful to have the Zoom platform, but tired of sitting down in one place all. day. long.  I miss making actual music in person with students and doing something more musical with singing and instruments and creating.  It's been a challenge to have them doing personal music making and it's nothing close to what we actually do in class.  I am prepared that this will possibly go on until the end of the year and honestly, that's ok.  Just need a break from the Zoom meetings...


Comments

Popular Posts