Pulling Jessica's

Growing up my mom would say she 'pulled a Jessica' if she did something funny or ridiculous - like giving herself a black eye sweeping with a broom.  It just seemed to pop up off the floor out of nowhere!

Here are a few of my own 'Jessica' moments as of late:

1) While eating dinner with Jeremy and the girls, we got on the subject of marriage.  I told the girls "You know what's amazing is that both of your grandparents on Jeremy's and my side are still married."  Then after a short pause I looked at Jeremy and said, "You know what's even more amazing is that both of our parents are still married."  It took Jeremy a second and he said, "Um - they're the same people."

2) Apparently sometimes I post things when I'm half awake/half asleep.  A popular education speaker/author named George Couros has posted this on September 21:

"I can continually look for opportunities and possibilities when obstacles arise, create new solutions and ideas for growth, and use other people's success to create our own success."

My response:
"Build on each others' streengths and leave a tiny footfprinr."

Yeah.

3) Jeremy and I were talking about which famous people we looked like.  He said I looked like Brittany Spears, Kate Winslet, and Princess Eugenie.  I told him that he resembles the cartoon character Dilbert.  He asked if I knew what Dilbert looked like and I thought I did.  I completely didn't.

4)  I told Riley "You got to get 'em while they're gettin' hot."  Jeremy reminded me that the phrases are either "You got to get while the gettin's good" or "Get 'em while they're hot."


Comments

Popular Posts