Happy Thanksgiving!

Today is Thanksgiving.  Jeremy's parents will be heading our way soon for a delicious pork dinner made by Jeremy.  He's an AMAZING cook.  Julia and spent time this afternoon baking sugar cookies so that we can decorate them later.  When we were first mixing the butter and the sugar mix, Julia tried to lift up the spatula and it flung out all over including on my hands and shirt.  We just giggled and put back what we could.  It was funny.

We had forgotten that we had these neat cookie cutters where you push the top down and it makes designs into the raw dough.  Turned out so great!  Our set was a Christmas tree, snowman, and gingerbread man.  In looking for a picture of them I found this set of Star Wars Cookie Cutters... Riley would LOVE them!

Earlier this morning I took Val out for his walk.  Our neighbor's dog, Luna, was out again.  She gets out all the time and we've even kept her in our backyard for a while until she realized she could push our boards out and get free again.  This morning she was in the road and a lady in a car was stopped and unsure of what to do.  I let her know that I'd help get her home.  Luna was very interested in Val and as long as we were around she stayed by us.  I tried to hold her collar, but she was so strong that she wiggled her head out of the collar.  She kept running around and came over to Val - playfully and then aggressively hitting Val so I picked him up.  I knocked on the neighbor's door and Emilio came out.  We had trouble getting her because the collar was off.  I set Val down when I saw her laying down so that Emilio could loop the leash around her head.  It worked thankfully.  Then I picked Val up again when she became playful again.  Val was so sweet and got a treat once we were home.

Later in the morning it was coldish (42 degrees) and somewhat very lightly drizzling rain (super fine) and with a slight breeze.  Perfect running weather!  Thought I'd do 3 miles - equivalent of a Turkey Trot downtown - but my new playlist of songs was 50 minutes in length and it was such a great run so I kept going.  Ran five miles with the last two miles in intervals and felt awesome!  I'd had trouble with asthma earlier this month and was so frustrating to not be able to breathe.  Today felt so great!!  I'm so thankful.

We're watching the Cowboy game and just hanging out.  Jeremy's parents came over for dinner.  We had pork, green beans, and mashed red potatoes.  Delicious!!  Jeremy's mom makes the BEST apple pie and brought one over.  She also brought a homemade pumpkin pie.

When I went to take Val out again later after dinner there was a lady chasing her dog and a guy and his dad in a truck.  They were trying to catch their large dog who was playing and running away.  So I helped get ahold of the dog and helped the owners get him.  Guess today was my day to save all the dogs!

We enjoyed talking and spending time together.  Such a nice relaxing Thanksgiving!

Comments

Popular Posts