Seventy Six Pound Present

 My parents shared with me that they had ordered some meat for Jeremy.  They know how much he loves it and it's a great gift for him to enjoy creating meals he loves.  Jeremy and I had ordered Riley's rower and both packages were due to arrive around the same time.  For some reason, when I got the notification that a package was arriving and it was 76lbs, I immediately thought of my parents' gift to Jeremy and forgot that we'd ordered the rower.  With the girls and Jeremy in the kitchen with me, I exclaimed, "You have a 76 pound package coming to your work!"  I was truly trying to figure out how much meat that was and how we'd ever fit it in the freezer in our garage.

Jeremy just shook his head and Riley squealed in delight.  She knew how heavy the rower was and hadn't been certain we'd ordered it.  Well, now she knew.  Julia got excited as well and said, "is it a 76lb. dog??!!" and got her hopes up.  With one statement, I gave away all the information.  Jeremy knew he was getting meat.  Riley knew she was getting a rower.  Julia knew a dog wasn't coming.

Comments

Popular Posts