Not Enough Time to Work Email

This week was more challenging to get work going for the girls.  Neither were hugely motivated and they're missing the normal school day with friends and being with everyone in person.  Earlier this week Julia didn't want to do her work.  I went out for a short run between classes to clear my head and while I was out for the run Julia emailed Mrs. White.  I still haven't seen exactly what she wrote her, but I have a general idea.

When I returned from the run I asked Julia how her work was coming.  She said that she had emailed Mrs. White to let her know that we probably couldn't get the work done today, but that she'd be able to get it done tomorrow.  Being that we have nothing but time this cracked me up.  I asked her why we couldn't get the work done and Julia said that she didn't want to do it today.  She'd do it tomorrow.

I texted a bit with Tiffany and got to the bottom of it.  Let her know that the work would get done today.  Tiffany said, "Well at least she's honest."  For sure!  I just had to figure out how to help Julia work through the lack of desire to do any of it.  Totally get it - this 'do school at home' thing has its ups and downs.  That day was a definite down and it's hard.

Julia ended up doing all of the work that day and everything worked out well.  Hard balance of helping them remain calm and peaceful and positive while also helping them stay on top of their work while also allowing them to work through all of the emotions that come and go each day.

Comments

Popular Posts