Mother's Day 2020

Yesterday (Mother's Day) I woke up around 7am, but then went back to sleep.  I was in the middle of a dream when Jeremy came into the bedroom and put his hand on my back.  I practically jumped out of my skin and he said, "Oh I thought you'd be awake."  Lol - ummm  apparently he hadn't actually looked at me... being fast asleep lol.

He brought in water and oatmeal for me to eat breakfast in bed, which was really sweet and thoughtful.  Julia climbed into bed with me and we watched the church service online followed by part of a friend's church service where Jana Uselton was speaking.  It was great to hear from a long ago friend online and neat to hear her share.

Jeremy told the girls that it was Mother's Day and shared with Julia that she might want to make me a card.  Julia loves making cards and is often very thoughtful about doing this.  As I read to her at bedtime, she told me that Jeremy had shared this idea with her.  Then she said, "I know Dad said that I could make you a card, but I didn't want to do it.  Cards are more for birthdays - not Mother's Day.  So I didn't make you one."  Completely fine.  I know she loves me.

Riley woke up in a sour mood and just wasn't feeling it pretty well all day.  Totally fine and normal - not offended at all.  At the very end of the day I saw that she had texted me.  For Mother's Day she sent me a text of a bitmoji of herself holding a balloon with the word 'Mom' on it.  We've definitely passed over into teenager world and have left the years of homemade cards and little trinkets.  And I'm totally happy with their acts and words of love.  They let me know they loved me in their own way and that makes me happy.

Comments

Popular Posts