SMU Class


Starting my Graduate Degree has one of the best decisions of my life.  I anticipate class every week and can't wait to meet up with friends to talk about all our readings and nerdy music things.  (It's not nerdy to me, but to others I'm sure it is)  It's refreshing to be around people who get what you do, who get what you work to accomplish and who love music and studying music materials like you do.

One of my favorite things about the class is how challenged I feel in examining my beliefs as a music educator.  After 14 years of teaching, I have felt that I understood more about what I do.  The more you learn, the more you realize how much you don't know!  Now I see how far I've come and how far I have to go.  And it's not a scary or bad thing - it's so truly exciting!!

Our professor Dr. Tunks is amazing.  He facilitates well and gives insight without ever making you feel inferior.  He has a great way of putting his thoughts and research into words.  Learning is so fun.

Comments

Popular Posts