Rubber Ball... Rubber... Glue

Tonight we were talking about something so I shared the saying:

I'm a rubber ball
You're glue
Bounces off of me
And sticks to you

Jeremy quickly pointed out that I'm not a rubber ball.  I'm just rubber.  Then we had a whole discussion about whether it's 'rubber ball' or 'rubber.'  I swear that I learned it where you're a rubber ball because it 'bounces off of me.'  Jeremy then said that the ball bounces but that's not why the glue bounces off.  It's because it's bouncing off the rubber.

Anyone else say it as 'rubber ball?'

We then decided that I must have either learned it wrong from a friend who just wanted to see if I'd continue to say it wrong (congrats - many many years later I have) OR I just never understood it in the first place.  Who knows... but we had a great laugh about it tonight.

Comments

Popular Posts