Six Month 2016 Goal Check up

Goals for 2016:

1) Read 16 books in 2016 - this has been an easy one!  I love reading and have found some great books this year:
  a.  10% Happier
  b.  The Bible - working on
  c.  When Breath Becomes Air
  d.  Miracles from Heaven
  e.  Black Flags:  the Rise of ISIS
  f.  Me Before You
  g.  Alexander Hamilton
  h.  The Wedding Dress
  i.  The Nest
  j.  Smarter, Harder, Faster - working on
  k.  Crisis of Character
  l.  Words Without Music 
  m.  Cometh the Hour
  n.  Girl Waits with Gun
  o.  Anthem
  p.  I know how she does it
  q.  Seraphina and the Black Cloak
  r.  Roller Girl
  s.

2) Financial Check Ups
Have been very inconsistent on this

3)  Disconnect so I can Reconnect
Still connected to my phone too much... work in progress.

4) Write 4 original pieces for middle school curriculum as well as examine, restructure and design pieces around Music For Children Volumes.  One piece per grade.
Currently working on!

5) Teach a music education seminar/workshop.
Put in an application to teach a session at TMEA.  Haven't heard back and thinking I wasn't chosen, BUT I put myself out there.

6) Take a self defense class.
Classes are expensive!  Haven't done it.

7) Learn more Spanish with Duolingo and find ways to interact with others who speak Spanish.  Get a Spanish workbook to learn more.
So far so good on this one!  Finding I can hear Spanish conversations and understand the general idea of what they are saying.

8) Travel as a family
The girls and I have traveled and had great times being away on vacation.  No family vacation yet.

9) Engage in meaningful and purposeful relationships
Working on this one and getting together with new friends more.

10) Continue my education at SMU towards my Master's Degree with excellence.
Yes!  This is going well - one more year left!  Will be so sad when it is done!

11) Find ways and time to work out.
Going to yoga classes at work and walking the dog.  Making plans to help myself relax and sleep better by doing exercise during the school year.

12)  Use our Crockpot to plan means ahead of time.
Ummmm.... not quite sure what prompted this goal, but nope.  I don't cook so this one will likely not happen.  Though I could get to work on finding meals that I'd like to cook and start next week!

Comments

Popular Posts