How Riley Kills Spiders

 We had our pest company come spray recently and all the spiders are emerging.  Tonight a spider was in the kitchen and Riley saw it.  She wanted us to kill it, but Jeremy told her to take a shoe that was nearby and hit the spider with it.

Riley picked up the shoe, tossed it toward the spider from a not-too-far distance, and stood watching the shoe go in the air as it hit the ground.  We laughed so hard.  Then she said, "I think I killed it!"  She couldn't see where the spider was anymore and the shoe was turned sideways on the ground.  I walked over to see if I could find it.  Then teased her by saying "Oh my gosh - it's right by your feet!"  Riley jumped around and we all had a good laugh.  Then I picked up the shoe and Riley saw the dead spider.  She had actually killed it by tossing the shoe into the air.

Showed her that you typically pick up the shoe, bend down, and whack the shoe onto the spider with good accuracy.  Think we'll try to kill spiders her way next time.

Comments

Popular Posts