First Solo Plane Ride

For Julia's birthday, my parents gift was a plane ticket to visit them by herself for the first time!  She received the info on her birthday but had to wait a few weeks before her trip.  So Julia flew by herself last week on Wednesday to visit my parents in TN.  We stopped at one of the airport stores to get some gum, a water bottle, and a snack of her choice.  I asked if she wanted a parfait, but she said, "No, you'll see what I want when I show you."  She looked around for a little while and finally found it!  It was a parfait - the one with granola, strawberries, and yogurt.  She'd had it before and loved it.  She ate most of it before getting on the plane.  They let her board first and she gave me a hug before heading out - no tears!  She said she wanted to sit at a window seat.

On the plane, she got a hot chocolate - both on the way there and the way home.

When Julia got to TN, she really wanted to go swimming the first day.  So Julia made a list of what she wanted to do every day.  Grandma told her some things that she wanted to do as well so they did that too.  The list was:

Day One- swimming
Day Two - arcade
Day Three - going to a friend's store (Giggles and Grace)
Day Four - bowling
Day Five - swimming and arcade again

They ended up going swimming every single day!  Julia scored a strike when they went bowling and won a cute little pink bunny at the arcade.  At Grandma's friend's store, it was super fun.  And they let Julia get three dresses, a sleeping mask, a donut purse, sunglasses and a cute summer hat.  She wore one of her new dresses on Easter and then she wore it home with her new summer hat.

Julia also brought her iPad but while she was using it, it wasn't on 100% when she got to TN so the second day she was there it died and I forgot that they had different chargers so she couldn't use her iPad for the rest of the trip there.  She only brought a charger for her headphones.  So at the end of the trip, Grandma and Julia found a lego set that no-one has ever used before that Julia and Riley had bought for Grandpa.  They started to build it.  It's a Lego Star Wars set.  The last night Julia spent the night, Julia and Grandma were finishing the set.  Then Grandpa turned on the tv and there was basketball on.  So Julia told Grandma to try to finish the set on her own.  She wasn't quite sure on it the first time.  Julia told her to call her if she needed help and she helped her one or two times.

Every night that Julia was there she watched a movie with Grandpa.  They watched Coco, Incredibles II, and Hotel Transylvania III.  Julia forgot the other two titles.

When she flew home, there was some confusion at the gates.  The board said she'd come into gate 17, but there was a plane already sitting there.  So the plane ended up coming into gate 19.  Inside the terminal they were moving the next flight of people from gate 17 to gate 19 and there were people walking all over the place.  I was trying to catch a glimpse of her as she and the attendant came off the plane, but I wasn't completely certain that it was her plane as there wasn't any announcement and the boards didn't change.  My phone began to ring and when I answered it, the person was asking if I was Jessica Grant and if I was at the airport.  I shared that I was standing between gates 17 and 19.  The man said that he was at the counter behind them and that Julia was with him.  I began to walk towards him and finally saw her when I was at the counter!  She wasn't nervous about not seeing me and had been confident I'd be there for her.  Loved that.  It was so much fun to hear about how much she loved the trip.

Julia is now planning her next trips.  She wants to go to Utah to ski and to New York City to shop and see shows.  Julia said it was a very fun trip and that I told her she could fly by herself to visit her Uncle Jon, Aunt Allison, Matthew, and Abby sometime soon!


Comments

Popular Posts