Review of 2018 Goals

Here's an overview of how everything went in 2018 on the goals I had set out.

My 2018 Goals

1.  Become involved at our church
We went through membership, Riley began going to a small group on Wednesdays (which she absolutely loves!!), met some new friends and now need to get more involved.

2.  Spend more time with Jeremy, Riley and Julia (and our dog Val)
Definitely did this - was so nice!  Enjoyed our 2nd ever family vacation to TN to see my parents over Thanksgiving.

3.  Continue to use budgeting software and talk about it weekly with Jeremy
Ummm... nope.  Used the software, but didn't talk about it every week.

4.  Practice, Practice, Practice
I spent quite a bit of time practicing music material that I wanted to teach students.  Never timed it and didn't do it every day, but did continue to improve on it.

5.  Incorporate videos, planning structures and new activities into piano lesson practice times for my piano students
Used a great piano book for ideas, but didn't incorporate videos.

6.  Leave work before 4:30pm two days a week... or at least one day
For the most part, I left on Fridays by 4:30pm.  This was a really hard one!

7.  Read books
Yes!  Loved reading some classics including Tess of the D'Urbervilles, Wuthering Heights, 1984, A Brave New World and several books by Jane Austen - as well as many others.

8.  Have friends or family over once a month for lunch or dinner
We had my parents and Jeremy's parents, as well as our new next door neighbors.  Enjoyed it for sure, but would have liked to do it more.

9.  Plan and implement a podcast
YES!!  I wasn't sure how this would happen because there was quite a bit to get moving on, but my podcast Afternoon Ti is up and running!!  I'm excited!

10.  Attend musical and cultural events throughout the year
I was able to watch students perform at the DCT (Dallas Children's Theater) and went to several musicals at Fair Park Music Hall and Winspear.  Participated in a Carol Sing-A-Long night that included Larry and Linda Petty, Keron Jackson and Audra Day.

11.  Continue to work towards finding my brother Jim
We didn't hear anything all year until December 28 about Jim.  I'll write another post about this.  We know he is alive and we know what city he is in.  Now to see what steps we can take to move forward to see about helping him and reaching him, if he's open to that.

12.  Watch my posture
Ehh... nope.


Comments

Popular Posts