A Great December Day

When I talked to my mom yesterday, I told her that this weekend wasn't very full and that it was going to be really relaxing.  Guess that I choose (actually, I know I usually do) to relax in a very active way.  It started out with a difficult night of sleep because I was too hot.  Then I was in a very deep sleep the last hour or two when Val, our maltipoo, was scratching at the gate relentlessly and whining.  It was obvious that he needed to go out and I didn't want him to wake everyone so I got up and took him for a walk.  Then came home to work a bit on a podcast episode when Julia woke up.  We got breakfast and then the two of us went to Target to shop for Riley - it was now 8:30am at this point.

Julia went back to change and came out in a beautiful red dress.  I told her she could wear flip flops because it was a bit warmer than it had been.  She said she was a fancy girl and wanted to wear her high heels, which she did.  She was hilarious in the store.  Julia did the dance moves while pushing the cart.  Then she put on a hat that had an attached Santa beard and began to whip/nae-nae in the women's clothing area to the song that was playing.  She was determined to find Riley really special gifts and she found a few things for her to fit her $50 budget.

We hung out for a bit and I took a nap before lunch.  At 1pm, Julia had her basketball game.  It's her first season to play basketball and she's really doing a great job learning the sport.

We returned home and she asked if I'd take her to practice basketball.  We walked to the Sparkman basketball court that's next to our neighborhood pool and took about 40 minutes to play.  She gave me directions - sometimes we were playing on the same team, other times we did certain plays, she aimed to shoot and make 6 baskets in a row (she did 4!!), and we truly enjoyed the time together.  I love that she enjoys it!

I walked the dog and then Riley and I took a run together around the neighborhood.  It's our second time doing it this week and it's been so festive.  It's been dark or slightly dark when we go, I play Christmas music through my phone so we can both hear it, and we talk as we go.  Riley's a lot better and faster as a runner than I am, but it's just a nice time together.

Jeremy made an awesome dinner of chicken and rice with chicken of rice with mushroom soup as a sauce.  Now we're all gathering to sit together and hopefully watch the movie "A Christmas Story."

Comments

Popular Posts