Thanksgiving Trip 2018

Saturday:
Our first family drive is complete!  It was a huge success.  Girls did awesome.  We arrived on Saturday night around 7:30pm and enjoyed some pizza from the local pizza place called Villa Pizza.  Sure wish they had it in Dallas - it's so so good!  It's probably the only restaurant they don't have in Dallas.

Sunday:
On Sunday we went to their church:  Revolution Church.  Such a great small church full of authentic people who really want others to know God's love.  I love the unpretentiousness and the genuine kindness.  We tried to go out to eat at a local restaurant but it was only 11:30 and didn't open until noon so we just came home.

The only thing the girls really wanted to do while they were here was to go swimming.  There's this great indoor facility with a large indoor pool.  My mom and I tried to get them to swim by themselves but they only wanted to go swimming if we swam too.  So we joined them.  It was fun - basketball, volleyball (hitting the ball back and forth) and enjoying time together.

We all played a dice rolling game called Farkle.  Julia is always up for playing games and Riley is more reluctant, but we were able to convince her to play.  She teamed up with my dad and Julia teamed up with my mom.  It was a fun game!  On the second round, my dad asked Riley what they should call their team.  She said their name was "The Suckies."  This was due to the fact that their team stunk on the first game.  They somehow then created a jingle that they sang now and again when they had a bad result:

"We are the suckies and we suck all day!"
(s-s-l ss mm/ d m s (rest))

What was hilarious was when they'd sing it together.  After the game, Riley went to the piano and figured out the melody there.

Monday:
On Monday, we hung out at home, went to Walmart in the morning to get stuff to eat, and then my mom and I went to the gym to workout.  We did all sorts of things - a little bit here and there.  She showed me some of the things she likes to do and I showed her how to use the rowing machines.  We tried some medicine ball workout moves that were posted on the wall.

For dinner on Monday night, Jaye and Bob came over for dinner and to hang out.  I absolutely love seeing them!  We're determined to have Jessica Wells come down here at the same time we are here so we can reunite... would love that.

After dinner, we played Farkle.  It was so much fun to watch the girls enjoying the game.  I began to not feel very well during the second hand of the game, but thought it was just due to being tired.  Didn't think much of it until the night continued.

Had a rough night of it.  Used teladoc that morning and was able to get a prescription for an inhaler since my asthma had kicked in.  Dr said he thought it was an upper respiratory infection.  Hard to tell over the phone, but was worth a try.  Wasn't feeling well later that day after using dayquil and thought it best to go in to see someone.  My mom took me to a clinic in town.

I had a low fever (100.1) and while my flu test results came back negative, the dr said that she was sure it was flu.  She called in for me to get Tamiflu and I started it last night.  The nights have been the worst.
I've been retreating in the bedroom off the living room.  Julia asked me how I am feeling and said that she thought I was 75% okay and 35% not okay.

Tuesday:
Today was just plain awful!  Had stomach stuff, fever, and just the usual flu stuff.  Just praying no-one else gets this!!  My family is amazing.  So blessed by their graciousness and care.

At one point, my dad asked if I was contagious and when Jeremy said I was, he answered "Great!"  Jeremy and I began to laugh because he answered exactly the way I would have said it.  We both have such great bedside manner - lol.  My dad wondered why we were laughing and we explained that it came out the same way I would have said it.

My mom braved the pool again with the girls.  It was only 45 or so degrees outside so you know it was cold when they returned home.  The girls were ecstatic and loved the swim.

Wednesday:
I'm feeling better - still in bed.  Rested a ton, but have had one small gingerale and several crackers.  The girls were able to go to Pat and John's house to ride a horse.  Jeremy and my dad took them there.  Both girls were able to ride the horse twice.  Such a blessing!

Now they're in the dining area playing Farkle again and Julia keeps running back and forth between there and the doorway to give me updates on the scores and how many points she has.  Julia has named her team "The Poopies" and has stolen the song created by Riley and my dad so that it is "We are the poopies and we poop all day."  Riley keeps telling her that the song is copyrighted so she needs to create her own.


Comments

Popular Posts