Prickly Pears

I've been purchasing different fruits to try this summer.  Central Market has so many varieties of foods that I've never eaten and it's fun to purchase a single item to try.  This week I bought a prickly pear.  It's basically the fruit of a cactus.  They are also called tuna or cactus pear.

I purchased one and then watched this YouTube video to learn how to cut it and eat it:
How to Eat Cactus Pear

It was fun getting to the interior of it and seeing all the seeds inside.  I am not a fan of watermelon at all and found this to be somewhat similar in the juiciness and texture of watermelon.  It didn't really taste like much to me and I didn't enjoy the texture.  It's high in vitamin C, calcium, antioxidants, and fiber.  At some point, I may try it again, but will likely taste test quite a few other foods first.

Comments

Popular Posts