Fruits and Vegetables

The girls love their fruit and I'm determined to find a way to make them better lunches this summer.  I am not a fan of lunch.  I love breakfasts and good dinners, but find lunch an inconvenience. 

I don't tend to put thought into lunch preparations and our girls are sometimes left to eat the same sandwich every day with chips and yogurt.  They get tired of it and I just never know what to make them.  Each summer I try some different things with them, but often give them 'safe' fruits and veggies that I know for sure they'll try and eat.  Today I determined to break out of our summer lunch rut.

We took a trip to Central Market and bought little bits of lots of things - one mango, two avocados, two lemons, two peaches, strawberries, carrots, blackberries, raspberries, green leaf lettuce, and a few other things. 

Riley had never peeled carrots before so I bought the larger carrots and showed her how to peel them.  I couldn't believe I'd never thought to teach her basics like this.  She thought it was fun. 

We prepped all the veggies and fruit (okay-mostly fruit) so that whatever we eat each day, it's an easy grab with no prep and can be added to our meals easily.  Today they chose to eat the raspberries and blackberries.  Riley and I ate a salad and I had half an avocado.

Looking forward to giving them some new foods this week and hopefully branching them out in their tastes.

Comments

Popular Posts