For the Love

Reading is one of my loves.  When Jen Hatmaker posted that they were looking for a launch team of people who would read her book, give feedback and endorsements, it sounded like something that I would enjoy.  After all I absolutely loved her book "7: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess" and the opportunity to be part of a team to pre-read the book before it comes out sounded fun.  I never thought I'd actually get chosen.  Over 5,000 people applied and only 500 were chosen.  Incredibly so - I was one of them!

It has been amazing to 'meet' the other 499 people on the team and to find others who love Jesus and reading... and Jen Hatmaker too.

I opened my email to find this:



Knock, knock. Who's there? YOU, because YOU are on my Launch Team for 'For the Love'!! Yeah baby!! We only had room for 10% of all applicants (what the??), and we think you got the stuff. THANK YOU for your amazing enthusiasm; I couldn't possibly love you more if I tried with all my might. You are leading well and using your influence like a boss. We all think you are amazing. We are going to get this thing off the ground together! Let me tell you, launching a book is really fun. And some of you are going to end up on the inside cover, so THAT. I said on January 1st this year that one goal was to spend less time pleasing "Not My People" ... well let's be clear: YOU ARE MY PEOPLE. I love you so. I really do. I am loyally yours forever. Let's do this thing.

My marketing team will now tell you all the fun details.

- Jen



It has been amazing to 'meet' the other 499 people on the team and to find others who love Jesus and reading... and Jen Hatmaker too.  Hoping to help launch this amazing book and encourage others to read it.  Such great information and encouragement in the pages of it - can't wait to fill you in more as the book launch gets closer!

Comments

Popular Posts