My Early Birthday

Last night the girls slept at Grandma and Grandpa's house.  They had a blast and both went to bed tonight around 8:30.  Totally tuckered out.  As I'm sure Grandma and Grandpa are too.

Riley came home from their house with a present all wrapped up for me.  My dad told me that she worked on it for hours.  Literally hours.  She was so excited for me to open her gift.  I told her we had to wait until Jeremy got home and as soon as he walked in the door, she handed me the gift.

She had worked so incredibly hard on this present.  It was incredibly meaningful to me.  I opened it with Julia's help and Riley told me that there were five or six things in it.  Each one was a book she had made herself (with a little bit of help, but mostly her doing).  One book had pictures of family memories and members.  Other books told stories - funny ones - of when I was growing up and funny things that Jon and Jim and I did.  Like when Jim locked Jon, our friends and myself in our shed in the backyard.  My mom opened it as we were all banging on the door and screaming like crazy.

She had another book where she wrote the name of instruments and then drew pictures of them:  cello, flute, violin, etc...

My favorite book that she made had a this written by her in the back.  She said she had no help on it and that she wrote it herself.  Was precious!!

"Mom,

this is a card to you. it seas "ceap doing the beats you can and your dreams will come trew. I love you"

On the back it said "love Riley  Happy Birthday."

Best gift ever.

Comments

Popular Posts