Riley's First Boyfriend

Today Riley's class had music.  As they walked into class, Riley said "Mom!  I need to tell you something!"  I asked her to wait in line, but she said "I just have to tell you real quick" and walked over to me to whisper.

She whispers in my ear, "I have a boyfriend and his name is Deven."  Considering that Deven was walking behind her in line, I just smiled and said "Oh well, thank you for telling me!"

Riley skipped back to sit next to Deven.  Deven asks her "What did you tell her?"  Riley said "I told her that you were my boyfriend.  It's ok!"  Deven just smiled.

Deven is a very, very sweet kid.  Very quiet.  Very studious.  A great catch... for when she is 25.

During class, they were in the same group and sat next to each other at the computers.  They both just smiled.  As we lined up, Riley and Deven held hands.  I quickly broke that up.  Deven turned to say something to Riley and pushed her hair back off her shoulder.  Oh.  My.  Word.  Ummm.... kindergarten?!

Not quite sure how to handle this as I realize this is a little kid romance and her first 'love.'

When we got home, Riley was explaining to Madi and I that Deven asked her out.  And that she told him she would be his girlfriend if he wouldn't bully Kade.  Deven agreed.  And in Riley's words "So now we are in love!"


Comments

Popular Posts