First Swim of the Summer

This past weekend we were able to go swimming at my parents' pool.  Soo cold!!!!  My dad got in, Riley got in, Julia got in, and I got in.  Jeremy and my mom got it all on tape/camera.  It felt much better after being in for several minutes, but brrrr... it was cold!

Riley is swimming without any water wings or anything.  She's loving swimming from the steps to the ledge and back.  She likes to challenge herself to swim to certain things in the pool and one of us has to be near her at all times.  Though she doesn't really want us to touch her or help her.

Julia is a little fish!!!!  Her smile was enormous the entire time.  This is really the first year we've been able to let her swim 'on her own' with water wings and a tube around her waist.  When she got the tube on and we set her in the water and let go of her hands, she got the largest smile on her face and was SO thrilled!!  She kept paddling her arms and saying "I swimming all by myself!"  She was extremely proud!  It was adorable!

At one point, Riley was swimming to catch onto me and Julia was standing on the ledge.  As Riley came to me, Julia just decided to jump into the water.  She went under the water and right back up.  The look on her face was priceless afterwards.  We will have to keep our eyes on her for sure!!!  She has no fear and absolutely loves the water!!

It was priceless getting to watch her in the water!

Comments

Popular Posts