Car Rides

Riley:  (sung to the tune of 'Bingo')  "There is a state that we all know and Texas is its name oh T-E-X-A-S, T-E-X-A-S, T-E-X-A-S, and Texas is its name oh....  there is ... "

Riley continues on with the song while Julia is saying "Wait!  Wait!  I want to sing it!  I want to tell Mom something.  I want to sing it!"

Jeremy is driving and laughing/smiling and I am laughing/smiling and tell Riley to sing one more verse and then Julia can sing a verse.

Riley sings another verse of it and the girls both clap together where the letter T was.  "Ok Jules - your turn"

Jules sings "There is a.... there is a... uh.... there is a (I tell her the word 'state' to keep it going)... there is a state dat we ah know and (random word inserted here) is its name oh
T-R-C-C-N, T-R-C-C-N, T-R-C-C-N and (random word) is its name oh"

Riley:  Jules!  uh  Jules... that doesn't spell anything!  Those letters don't make a word.

Insert Jeremy and I laughing as silently as possible.  Julia had sung this version to me the other day and it is a song that they use at school to spell the word "green."  Thinking that the T's and C's are actually supposed to be G's and E's.

Me:  Riley, just let it go.  Good singing Jules!

Riley:  there is a state that we all know... Julia!  Stop clapping with me.  I want to do it by myself like you did.

Julia:  But my clapping be singing to the song and they go clap clap!  My clapping be singing!

Riley:  Let me do it by myself.

Me:  Would you like it if Riley clapped while you sang the song?

Julia:  Sure!

Me:  Let Riley do it one time by herself and then you can do it by yourself, okay?

Riley:  Ok Julia.  Let me do it once by myself ok.  Don't interrupt me.  (starts singing) There is a state that we all know...

Julia starts to clap

Riley:  Julia!  I said don't interrupt me and you are clapping.  And that is interrupting!

Riley finishes verse one.  Then continues to verse two.  The girls sing it together and clap.  Over and over and over and over.

Jeremy and I are in tears from laughing so hard.  He never even said a word to them because he was laughing so hard the entire time.

Comments

Popular Posts