Thanksgiving 2012

So much to be thankful for: a great husband, amazing little girls, a warm home, two jobs that give us the opportunity to provide for our family, an awesome church, great friends, great family, a God who loves us more than we could ever know and so much more.  Truly so much to be thankful for.

We spent the afternoon of Thanksgiving at Kathryn and Ranny's house.  It was their first time to host Thanksgiving dinner at their new home and the food was incredible.  The girls were excited to see Tripp and play with him.  They had also missed Madi so they couldn't wait to play with her as well.  Monica and Madi left on Tuesday to go to Kathryn's to spend time with them and mostly to try to help Monica get some things done that she wasn't able to get done at our house.  Or at least that was the plan.

Ranny scared Julia by being a crying monster and she wouldn't go near him the rest of the time we were there.  She was quite clingy, but relaxed once she was able to go outside.  They have the most amazing backyard - super huge and so long.  So the kids played outside and I spent time out there with them running and playing with Julia while watching the others.  They liked to hold Tripp's play guns and shoot them and handcuff each other.  They took turns putting each other in the jail - metal fence wire that was in a circle.  The girls thought it was hilarious.

I went inside and a few minutes later, Riley came in crying and saying that her face hurt.  She had attempted to arrest Tripp and he chose to push his fake sword into her cheek.  Thank God it wasn't an inch or two higher or it would have been in her eye.  It was bleeding though not heavily.  Cut open and we got ice on it.

While she sat on the counter in the bathroom and I wet a towel to press gently on her face, Ranny brought Tripp in and gave Riley the choice of which consequence Tripp should have:
1 - stand in the corner facing the wall for 15 minutes
2 - spankings
3 - apologize

Riley asked that he apologize to her and she said that she forgave him.  Later in the car, she told us that she didn't want to choose any of the other two mean things to do to him because she didn't want to hurt him back.  Love her gracious and kind heart.  And so thankful she didn't seek revenge on him.  It was nice to see that they were able to play more and that she truly had moved on.  We put Neosporin and a bandaid on her face as well as knee where she had scraped it.  It is looking much better today though she does have some bruising under the eye and will likely have a slightly black eye for a little while.

After being at their house, we went to see Gaylan and Beverly's new place up the road.  We got to take the girls on some rides in the golf cart which they absolutely loved.  Their giggles and smiles were priceless.

Then we drove out to see Mamaw and spend some time with her.  We had been hoping to have a serious talk with Monica while we were at Gaylan's or Kathryn's, but the time never came up and we needed to make sure we talked with her before they dropped Madi off on Sunday.  Wasn't the type of conversation you want to have on a major holiday, but was much needed.  Basically, we told Monica that she needed to stay with Kathryn or her parents as she would get more accomplished out there than she would at our house due to having access to vehicles and time and more likely that she could get things moving faster so that she could get into an apartment with Madi sooner rather than later.  To keep things consistent for Madi, we'll continue to have her with us for the time being.  Not sure how long that will be.  Possibly a month or three or whatever.  So Monica will drop Madi off on Sunday and then go back to live with them until she can afford to get her own place.

She has to go to the DMV on Monday to get a new driver's license.  Her license is more than two years expired so she has to start the entire procedure all over with test(s) and sitting at the DMV.  From there, hopefully she can borrow a car and then get a part-time job before being able to get a job in a hospital as a nurse's aide or whatever other positions she qualifies for.  She also has to send away for documents from the Philippines but doesn't want to spend all the money Dr. Ted has given her as she has none coming in.  So she is waiting on that and that postpones the opportunity she has to take the NCLEX and get a job as a nurse.  It was a stressful week and I'm hoping that she is able to get done what she needs to get done so that she can move forward.  Definitely a lot to do.

We drove home and Julia fell asleep in the car.  They were both starving so we gave them some Eggos and played in the playroom a little bit last night.  Was super fun.  They were so sweet and precious.


Popular Posts