Annual Halloween Block Party

The weekend before Halloween, my parents' neighborhood always has a fun event for the kids.  They do face painting, bounce houses, popcorn and food, and pony rides.  Riley and Julia LOVED the pony ride!!  They strapped them in and took them for a walk this year up and down the street.  The girls were smiling wide the entire time.

Riley wanted her face painted like a cat, but it was very cold out and the line was super long.  So Grandma painted her face once they got home.  She still has some of it left on her face a few days later and does not want me to wash it off.

Julia was happy to swing on the swings at the nearby park and Madi won a gift card to Main Event for the most original costume!

We went back to my parents' house to have pizza - jack o'lantern pizza - from Papa Murphy's.  Then we sat at the table by candlelight while my mom serenaded all of us with various variations on the violin of "Twinkle Twinkle."  She started taking lessons recently and is sounding really good!  The girls all wanted to be shown how to hold the bow and play it.  My mom helped them each use the bow.  Madi is especially interested in it as she wants to take it next year in middle school.

Upstairs we snuggled up in warm pjs and watched the new Tinkerbell movie.  We had popcorn and had some good laughs.  Riley had watched it this afternoon and kept saying "I know what is going to happen.  I won't tell you I know.  Oh but this is a bad part.  I'm telling you.  This is not good.  You'll see.  There are sisters at the end!"

During part of the movie, they said "oh no!" in the film and Julia said "Oh no is right!"  back at it.

We left late and put the girls to bed.  It was a very fun time.

So happy to be here!!

Comments

Popular Posts