Teppanyaki


It was super cool at the restaurant.  Our chef Dennis had a fabulous sense of humor.  Some crazy awesome skills at bouncing an egg on his metal spatula and then catching it on the side so that the egg split.  He spelled my name with the egg and created a flower out of the egg yolk and white parts on the griddle.  When he put on the garlic butter, he said “Now I am adding peanut butter.  And more peanut butter.  And yet more peanut butter.”  Jeremy and I looked at each other and said “ummm…”  Dennis goes “It is just garlic and butter.”  The vegetables, rice and chicken were very delicious.  We got fruit plates for dessert and some people ordered this tea green cake and ice cream.  Looked interesting.

As we were eating, Riley became very clingy with Grandma.  And started to get fussy so Jeremy and I took her out of the restaurant to talk to her about being polite and letting Grandma eat her food.  Riley went back in, laid her head on Grandma’s lap and fell asleep quickly.  Poor girl was just so tired!!  So she slept through the rest of the meal.  I carried her out for a little while.  Then Jeremy carried her.  We took her to the buffet to get some food.  She loved eating in the area that was special just for kids.  Had a hot dog, cheese, bread and two chocolate chip cookies.  I had two cookies as well – they were some of the best I have ever eaten.

The night show had already started, but we decided to go see the rest of it.  It was called “Bands on the Run.”  Songs by Donna Summer, Queen.  It was very flashy, fast, upbeat and fun.  Riley told me “Mom, you don’t have to ask if I like it or not.  I love it.  So I’m telling you this now so you don’t have to ask me.”   She was mesmerized the entire time.

We met up with everyone else as we left the theater, had some pictures taken and then headed back to our room.  Riley took her medicine and said “This is horrible.”  She is sleeping in my parent’s room again tonight and will come sleep with us tomorrow.

We arrive in Bermuda in the morning around 11am.  So we’re hoping to go to Horseshoe Bay and spend time at the beach, see the acrobat show tomorrow night and I’d love to do some swing dancing in the atrium to the band playing there.  Sounds very fun.

Such a blessing to be on this trip.  Loving every moment.

Comments

Popular Posts