So Loved

Today was a not-so-fun day.  I've caught the dreaded stomach flu that is going around and have spent the day either in bed or on the loo.  My body is tired.  And my stomach still will not stop cramping.  Amazing how you take health for granted and forget what it feels like to be sick.

Tonight Riley asked me to come and see something.  I had been staying away from the kids and Jeremy in hopes that none of them get this.  So I didn't want to get too close to them.  I asked Riley if it was important.  She said it was very important.  And then told me I needed to come in the kitchen and look at the floor.

I asked her if she had swept the floor.  She said "Yes!  I swept the whole thing and got the whole thing wet and then dried it.  I felt bad for you being sick so I wet the kitchen floor and swept the whole thing for you.  I just feel so bad for you and wanted to help you.  Because I love you."

Truly made my day.  Was such a gift of love to this sick Mommy.

Comments

Popular Posts