Happy Birthday Riley!

Riley has been SO excited to be turning five for a while.  She thought that she'd be turning five on the day of her party and was very upset that she was still only four because she wanted to be five.  "Mom, I will just pretend that I am five, but I will know that I am really still just four.  But I'll just pretend."  Well, no more pretending!

One of the first things she asked today was:  "Am I really, truly five now?  Really??  So I get to start Kindergarten tomorrow?"

We had told her that she'd start Kindergarten when she was five.  And now that she's five, she's all ready to just quit preschool and go right into Kinder.  Frankly, I am too.  Soooo excited to be teaching at her school!

This morning Jeremy, Julia and I went into her room and woke her up by singing Happy Birthday.  She smiled really big.  Was precious.  She insisted that she didn't have to wear her uniform today because she was the birthday girl.  Being that another student had dressed up for her birthday on Monday, I let her wear a special outfit.  However, we brought her uniform just in case she had to change.

All morning she referred to herself as "The Birthday Girl."  I pinned her special birthday pin on her shirt, grabbed the posterboard and then we headed out the door.  We stopped at the Donut store (literally, the name of the store is "Donut.") and picked up two dozen donuts.

Riley was skipping through the hallway and very eager to show off her birthday pin to all her friends and the teachers.  She is so proud to be five.  When she sat down in the cafeteria, all of her friends came over and wished her a happy birthday and crowded around her.  One of the little girls goes "I am her good friend!"  Another friend said "Hi Riley's Mom!"  They are precious kids.

Around 2:30pm, my dad went to Riley's school to celebrate her birthday with her class.  They all had their donuts and my dad said it was a great time.  Then he took her with him and they went back to his work to pick up my mom.  Then came to our house and hung out for a little while.

At the end of the day, I was putting Jules to sleep and Riley came in and said "I love you Mom!  I love you Jules!"  She gave us both really big hugs and went to bed to read with Jeremy.  So proud of our little girl.  And loving the person she is becoming.

Comments

Popular Posts