2 Year Check-Up

We have yet to have an uneventful well-visit at Dr. Stellman's office.  The first visit when Julia was a few weeks old had the nurses trying to stay dry as Julia peed all over the scale and table.  Another visit a while later, Riley opened a bag of graham crackers and had crumbs covering the floor and chair.

Today we had Julia's 2 year old well-visit.  A little late due to sickness and meetings and events, but we made it.  So with three girls in tow, we got there a little early.  Julia decided that it was the perfect time to sit in every chair possible and then try to hide underneath them.  Definitely a shower night whenever we go see the doc anyway, but I knew for sure we'd be doing a very thorough cleaning tonight.

We had to wait for a good 15 minutes or so (what happens when you arrive early - ugh).  Riley told me she had to go potty.  So I took Julia and Riley into the bathroom while Madi stayed in the lobby and read her book.

As soon as we entered the bathroom, Julia spotted this oversized two step stool.  It was literally as tall as she is and twice as wide.  Riley is trying to unbutton her skirt while Julia is lifting the stool in the air grunting.  The stool is flipping sideways and Jules is making noise.  I go over to help Riley unbutton her skirt as fast as possible because she was laughing.  Hard.  And sure enough it happens.

Her skirt is wet, her panties soaked and she barely makes it on the potty while I am putting her on and quickly grabbing Julia off the stop of the step stool.  Both girls are laughing hysterically.  I was racking my brain as to how to solve this.  For I didn't have a diaper bag (came straight from work - never thought about having one) and I didn't have a change of clothes for her.  Panties are so soaked there was no way I was going to take them home - to the trash they went and I informed the ladies at the desk about it.  Skirt was very wet on the bottom so it could not be worn home.

Julia begins to put her hands on the sink and is swinging back and forth.  I mean seriously??!!  Riley is continuing to laugh and laugh.  I think through our options.  Nothing is sounding good.

I look down at what I am wearing and the shirt is baggy and has an elastic waistband.  It would be long enough to cover Riley's bottom and as long as she kept her legs down, we'd be fine.  And I had a white undershirt on (though somewhat see-through) so I could keep Julia in front of me during the visit and just go with it.  So I gave Riley my shirt and she was giggling.

What a beautiful shirt - I mean dress!



We made it through the appointment.  Though Julia got hungry, wanted a chocolate bar and then cried/screamed loudly while Dr. Stellman was talking.  She kept saying "I want chocolate!!!  I want chocolate!!"  Actually it sounded more like "I wah choh-clate!"  He just smiled and I apologized for the loud behavior.  He told me "this is nothing!"  And while I felt better, it was so loud and I just couldn't want to leave.

We got in the car and being that it is 98 degrees outside, the seats were hot.  Riley was like "Ouch!  It's burning my butt!"  Then she tells me "Mom, today was the most embarrassing and hilarious day of my life!"

Comments

Popular Posts