Organizing

There is little more I love than a clean, organized home to come home to.  Lately our kitchen countertop has exploded with girls' hair ties, spray, combs, toys, yarn, yarn, yarn, yarn, hooks, and my purse.  It was driving me nuts so I started to clean it off today.  Which led to cleaning all the kitchen counters.  Which led to cleaning the stainless steel appliances.  And let to cleaning out the pantry.

Yesterday I came across a really cool blog on organizing:  iheartorganizing.blogspot.com.
The mom is "super mom" and seems to be able to do all these amazing home projects while juggling three boys.  Though I'm not at a place where we can paint any more rooms - unless we want to rip down wallpaper, texture, paint and get new mirrors - there were so many clever ideas that she used in her blog.  So I started looking at it during Julia's nap while my parents had Riley.  Three whole hours to do what I wanted while kid-free.  Sheer bliss!!!

First I finished the book I was reading.  Then I started on the cabinets in the girls' bathroom.  And followed up by cleaning our cabinets in our bathroom.  There were five Walmart bags of trash and all of them were jam packed.  It was amazing to see how many items we had that were either trash, old medications from 5-8 years ago or just things we never ever use that someone else couldn't use... old broken hairties??

It was so great to purge these things and reorganize the cabinets.  I'm hoping to do the same to our hallway pantry downstairs if I can get up the nerve.  It is our messiest closet in the house and is overflowing with so much stuff.  Would be fun to tackle...

Comments

Popular Posts