Barbies

Riley and my mom were playing with her barbies today while Julia and my dad played blocks.  So cute to see them together.  Jeremy and I were reminiscing about when Riley first got her barbies.

My parents found a lot of them on craigslist or ebay.  And then some friends gave us even more.  One of the barbie's heads fell off.  When it did, it never seemed to attach right again.  The head literally rested on her shoulders and she had no neck.  So we called her "No Neck."

The show "American Idol" was very popular at the time (and was still worth watching) and there was a girl on it that sang wonderful, but had no neck.  So eventually our barbie gained the name of Melinda Doolittle.  Melinda has had many good years of play.  Compare for yourself:

The real Melinda

Our Melinda

Compared to a "normal" barbie


Comments

  1. I remember Melinda Doolittle, the Barbie! Omg I'm laughing so hard right now!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts